There are still many people in Arizona who do not understand all the benefits that a chiropractic doctor can provide or how they can actually help you to improve your overall health. While even the traditional medical community are beginning to understand the benefits that doctors of chiropractic can provide to the medical field as a whole, many average citizens still look on chiropractors and chiropractic treatment with suspicion. There seems to be a lack of understanding on just how chiropractic treatment can be of benefit. For those who want to become informed about What chiropractic medicine can do for you here are the 5 most important benefits you can receive from a chiropractic care giver.
Increase Immune System Function
Perhaps the biggest benefit that chiropractic care in Arizona has to offer is that it can improve your immune system. Since a healthy immune system is necessary to maintaining your overall health improving the function of this system is a huge benefit to your health. Studies have shown that people who use chiropractic care regularly have fewer colds and when they do the symptoms are less severe.
Helps to Manage Pain
Chiropractic care can also help you to manage your pain by helping to locate and correct serious nervous system stress, strengthen your muscles surrounding your nerves and advising you on the proper care of your body.
Can Increase Your Range Of Movement
By helping you to manage and control your pain and strengthen your muscles chiropractic treatment can often help to increase your range of movements following an accident or injury. Chiropractors will work with you to find exercises that will continue to aid you in recovering all or most of the range of movements you had before the injury or accident.
Avoid The Harmful Side Effects Of Many Drugs
Since chiropractic care is based on natural care they can help you avoid the use or overuse of pain medications and other drugs that often have serious side effects and can increase your health issues. The fewer drugs you take the less dangers await you down the road.
Get The Right Medical Attention You Need
Since chiropractic medicine deals with your overall health and well being a chiropractor often discovers health problems or conditions that are outside his realm of training. When this happens your chiropractor will refer you to a medical professional who can help you deal with these needs, helping to ensure your continued good health.
A chiropractic doctor is just one of the options available for those of you who are concerned about your health.
How Chiropractic Services Can Improve Your Health
Everyone knows denials and documentation requests reduce the value of your chiropractic claim and frustrate your billing department. To get paid on time and in full, be sure you avoid the following common errors in your chiropractic coding and billing:
1. Modifier Failures. Depending on which procedure code you use, a modifier may be appropriate. In Medicare, for example, you need to indicate whether the service represents Active Treatment (using the modifier -AT) or it will not be paid. Similarly, performing Manual Therapy (97140) on the same visit as an adjustment will also require a modifier to be present to signify that it was a separate and distinct service (Modifier -59).
2. Stagnant Adjustment Codes. Billing for a 5 region adjustment (98942) on every visit just because you are a full spine doctor will not sit well with most insurance companies. From the viewpoint of the insurance company, it is statistically improbable that every one of your patients needs an adjustment from top to bottom every visit.
3. Routine Use of Full Spine X-rays. This is another easy red flag for an insurance company to spot and it follows the same logic as the previous entry. If other practitioners all take x-rays in a wide variety of anatomical regions, but every one of your x-rays is a full spine series, then you suddenly stand out from the rest of the pack and are essentially inviting an auditor to investigate your billing and coding practices.
4. Billing for an E/M Code on a Daily Basis. Some shady chiropractic "coaches" and practice management gurus advise their clients to increase services through the repeated, routine (or even daily). Unfortunately, anyone with a knowledge of proper coding practices will tell you that this is not warranted and will just lead to big trouble when the insurance company catches on.
5. Billing for all New Patients With a High Level E/M Code. Certainly, high level E/M codes such as 99204 or 99205 reimburse the most. But there are probably few (if any, in certain chiropractic offices) times when an exam truly meets the criteria of these codes. To simply bill these codes in hopes that it will fly under the radar is foolish and misguided at the least and possibly fraudulent as well.
Hopefully, this "red flag list" will serve as a reminder of some of the poor practices that will get you audited by a third party payer. If you are a chiropractic office that is actually utilizing one of the above billing or coding practices in your office, let this article be a warning that your current procedures have you headed for trouble. My advice would be to correct any of the actions necessary immediately and/or get experienced help quickly. There are many ways to get paid for your services through proper chiropractic billing, coding and documentation; utilizing some of the above methods will only get you in trouble over time.
- Arizona Back Pain Relief
- Phoenix Chiropractors Who Accept Medicaid
- Tucson Local Chiropractor
- Mesa Back Pain Specialist
- Chandler Chiropractor That Accepts Medical
- Gilbert Local Chiropractor
- Glendale Chiropractor That Accepts Medical
- Scottsdale Chiropractor That Accepts Medical
- Tempe Chiropractor Electrical Stimulation Machine
- Peoria Back Adjustment Chiropractor
- Surprise Lower Back Pain Doctor
- Yuma Chiropractors That Take Medicare
- San Tan Valley Lower Back Pain Doctor
- Avondale Chiropractor That Takes Medical
- Goodyear Back Treatment
- Flagstaff Back Pain Specialist
- Casas Adobes Chiropractor That Takes Medical
- Buckeye Lower Back Pain Specialist
- Lake Havasu City Chiropractors Who Take Medicaid
- Casa Grande Back Pain Relief
- Catalina Foothills Chiropractors Who Take Medicaid
- Maricopa Chiropractic Insurance Coverage
- Oro Valley Back Pain Relief
- Sierra Vista Neck Pain Doctors
- Prescott Valley Back Therapy
- Prescott Chiropractic Insurance Coverage
- Marana Chiropractors Who Accept Medicaid
- Bullhead City Chiropractor That Takes Medical
- Sun City Chronic Back Pain Treatment
- Apache Junction Chiropractor That Accepts Medical
- Queen Creek Back Pain Doctor
- El Mirage Lower Back Pain Treatment
- San Luis Chiropractor That Takes Medicaid
- Florence Bulging Discs Treatment
- Kingman Lower Back Specialist
- Drexel Heights Bulging Discs Treatment
- Fortuna Foothills Chiropractors Who Accept Medicaid
- Sahuarita Lower Back Pain Treatment
- Sun City West Chronic Back Pain Treatment
- Fountain Hills Back Therapy
- Anthem Chiropractor That Takes Medical
- Green Valley Back Pain Treatment
- Nogales Spinal Decompression Therapy