Chiropractic care in Stephenville focus on the connection between the musculoskeletal structure and the body functions with special regards to the spinal area. Our nervous system is responsible for controlling the functions of other organs, muscles, and body systems. The nerves and the nerve roots are connected from the brain into a vast muscular bundle widely known as the spinal nerve. It travels along the spine and branch out in the spinal vertebrae. These vertebrae connect the various body parts and organs towards the spine. Any condition that pinch the nerves, such as trauma, pressure, or spinal misalignments, can cause disruption of the function of the nervous system.
Stephenville Chiropractic – What to Expect on Your First Office Visit
Vertebral subluxation can arise due to three primary reasons: physical, emotional and chemical stresses that we encounter in our day-to-day activities. Chiropractors often counsel patients taking these factors into consideration based on health concepts such as nutrition, exercise, changes in lifestyle, and stress management in order to preserve and restore the overall health.
1. Physical: neglected injury, repeated motions, chronic poor postures, ergonomically unfriendly seating at the office, prolonged slouching before computer, lifting heavy objects, not warming up and stretching sufficiently before and after workouts and sports, automobile accidents, and even while playing with children.
2. Chemical: may range from poor dietary habits and lifestyles, lack of nutritional intake, frequent eating of processed food and colas, snacking on unhealthy short eats, overeating of calorie-laden food, alcohol addiction, drug abuse, and accumulation of chemical toxins in the food, polluted air, electromagnetic emissions from mobile phones and contamination of drinking water.
3. Emotional: Stress has become the password of this age-a gift of the mechanized world-excessive competition, unattainable high goals and too many options are some of the stressors. Actually speaking, stress is the wear and tear our bodies experience as we adjust to our continually changing environment; it has physical and emotional effects on us and can create positive or negative feelings.
The Five Components of Vertebral Subluxation:
Subluxation complex may start with local pain and interfere with or impede the function of the nervous system, integrate with the joints and muscles resulting in the optimal function of the body.
A professionally trained Chiropractor can conduct an accurate detection, evaluation and correction of the Vertebral Subluxation Complex. Adjusting the spine or the band-aid approach is one method of treating vertebral subluxation.
Vertebral Subluxation Complex is broken down into five components based on the effect it has on the body.
1. Kinesiopathology or spinal pathomechanics: This condition affects the normal position of vertebral alignment / asymmetry, resulting in irregular motion. This creates mechanical stress and joint sprain or vertebral decay.
2. Myopathology: Pathological changes occurring in the spinal muscles result in hyper tonicity, muscle spasm, fibrosis, muscle weakness, arrested development of the tissues and long term inappropriate functioning of the spine.
3. Neuropathology or Neuropathophysiology: Irritation or injury to spinal nerve roots through choking, compression, stretch or chemical irritation from improperly positioned spinal structures inflicting chronic pain. It damages nerve at the traumatized site as well as peripherally disturbing the transmission of data from the brain to the body.
4. Histopathology: Inflammation, edema and swelling of tissue, usually local to the traumatized area. Pathological changes which occur to the spinal tissues such as abnormal bony growths on the vertebral bodies and joints, fibrosis and adhesions of spinal muscles and ligaments, as well as dehydration and degeneration or bulging of spinal discs.
5. Pathophysiology or Pathology: From the chiropractic viewpoint the pathoanatomical trauma due to the previous four components results in deteriorating spinal function or "abnormal orthopedic functional programs" mediated by gravitational stress (adaptation) and by the adaptation needs of the nervous system.
Clinically, subluxation is similar to dental cavities; in both cases a significant amount of damage is done before the pain arises. Seek periodic spinal checkups by a professional chiropractor to assess for subluxation.
Subluxation can be compared to a steering wheel that is stiff and that does not turn to its full capacity, it is "subluxated" and can lead to an accident. A good chiropractor will treat not only the symptoms but also the root cause for the vertebral subluxation. Apart from the treatment, with his/her advice you can make changes to your lifestyle so that future instances of vertebral subluxation can be avoided and save yourself from a lot of pain.
Chiropractor For Your Neck Pain
Are you having discomfort in your spine or your joints? If you are, then it is likely that chiropractic services are the type of help you need. A chiropractor, by focusing on spinal readjustments and joint readjustments, may be able to help you with your overall health. These treatments are often associated with stress relief. When you can relieve yourself of stress and discomforts, you can live a better life.
There have been many people who have reported that the services of a chiropractor were invaluable treatments. For this reason, insurance companies commonly cover the costs associated with chiropractor services. This is also a good reason why you should trust chiropractors before you have your procedure performed. Chiropractors have been associated with many solutions for common and difficult problems.
What exactly can a chiropractor do for you though? If you are having issues with your spine or misalignments in your joints, then you are obviously facing very severe pains, especially when you move. A chiropractor can help you with these issues. The way a chiropractor will fix your misalignments is by realigning the areas of your body that have gone astray.
When you have your body completely aligned in a natural way, you can move in a natural way as well. Misalignments can cause many other issues beyond the misalignment itself. This is why it is very important to have your body as aligned as possible at all times.
Many chiropractors offer a free exam before any services are performed. These free exams can be a great way for you to be introduced to a chiropractor's services. When you can be checked out for free, there is no risk that you will have to pay for services that do not help you with your health issues. It may also be a good idea to get a physician recommendation before you visit your chiropractor. Sometimes, if you visit a physician before you go to a chiropractor, it may be more likely that an insurance company will help you with the cost of the visit.
A free exam can also be very helpful in assessing what type of issues you are actually facing. If you have pains in your spine and joints, it may be a good idea to have an assessment of these problems before you assume what the actual cause of the issue is. Chiropractor readjustments are commonly associated with what most people consider to be massages. These are not exactly massages though, because they are more focused on the realignment of your joints and spine. The primary goal of a chiropractor's services is to place the body in a way that is natural for movement, so there is no pain during common activities.
There are many different ways a chiropractor can treat a person who is having joint or spine problems. One approach is a special table that can create a compression or traction effect to realign the spine. These services are often fairly advanced, so it is a very good idea to research them further to better understand how the procedure will affect your body.